11 January 2009

Old family photos.

Old family photos from my dad's side. . . darn those Brits.

Grandma Marge & Grandpa Albie.


My dad with his mother.

Yes, the lovely bird is my father in drag.


Yeah I really couldn't tell ya. What the heck is that green thing?

My Grandmother.


My dad, my uncle, German Shepard, my grandma Margie. That's what I'm going to look like someday, by the way. (Like my grandma, not the Shepard.) I adore this picture, it's so lovely.
I love going back to old photographs. These are just scans my Uncle sent me, but there is nothing like the look of them. Don't get me wrong, I'm not anti-technology. . . but sometimes I don't understand how people can take a digital picture and be satisfied. I want something I can feel and touch. I want to reach back.

2 comments:

Maren said...

Hey Hon--I am pretty sure that is Uncle David with Grandma Margie, not your dad...I don't know who the gentleman is in the color photo but it might be Uncle Bob...and that green thing looks like a "Mr. Blobbie" doll...maybe?

Mom

Amanda said...

oh that's weird. . . yeah I only determined that because I think I saw another picture labeled "Alan" and it looked like the exact same kid. Huh. I really don't like that I get all these details wrong! Thanks for correcting me :)