02 January 2009

Odds and ends.

So I've spent two weeks in Portland. So far, in that amount of time, I have shot. . . half a roll of film. Finishing the roll I started the day before my birthday. So here are those odds and ends. . .


Inside of the incomplete Pigeon aviary in my back yard.


I like hands on windows.


A few shots from that same, beautiful, burned down house.


My idea for my thesis exhibition was to center around the idea of houses and home. A problem I am forseeing is the diversity of my environments. . . in my drafted statement I mention that the dwellings I choose are in all stages, construction, decay, disrepair. . . and I like that concept, but I'm finding that my strongest photographs are all of dwellings in total disrepair or abandonment. Hm. So that either means an adjustment to my statement or an adjustment of my photo-making strategy. . . ie more locations that aren't burned down houses! Or more attention paid to them. Hm. Just don't know. Anyone know of any cool constuction sites? Or beautiful empty buildings that aren't broken down? Need 'em.

No comments: