23 January 2009

photoshop madness






These are what I was messing around doing while waiting for my film to dry. . . they are all scans of prints from color negatives edited in photoshop.


Today I developed black and white film for the first time in. . . over a year. Yeah, over a year. I've never been good at the putting film on to the reel part, so naturally I was nervous about my year hiatus, but it went a lot better than I thought it would. Also the instructions for developing black and white have changed (like they wanted me to rinse with water instead of using stop bath. wtf?) so I had to sort of. . . go from memory on parts of it. And getting the water to the right temperature has always been a problem in that lab. And none of the thermometers are calibrated correctly.


However, despite all those slight caveats, I think my film turned out really well. I made it all the way back over thanksgiving weekend, you can see the series I did in color of that location here. The ones of the bathroom look like they turned out cool. And I also took some of me sitting in my apartment, with some pretty dramatic light coming in through the slats in my blinds. So those might turn out well. I really wanted to wait for them to dry and develop them right away, but started sneezing really badly and otherwise feeling sick so I had to go. Oh well. Anyway I am excited for it.

No comments: