29 October 2008

Part Deux

As previously stated, I photographed in my friends' garage. I had seen these stairs before and been captivated. But for a little while I had forgotten, but then somehow saw them again. . .

First I photographed myself looking through the stairs. Turned out sort of too dark, not that much interest.





Then of course the series where I am standing, again fragmented by the stairs but either looking up or into the camera, as pictured in previous blog. Color is alot nicer.


(This is the one I decided to print larger.)


Then I started playing with hiding my face, and the position of my hands.



Then I was just playing.



Sadness, exploration, escape and sanctuary. This is what I am playing with in these. I like some of the qualities that are starting to come out, something that I haven't had since I initially started this type of work in black and white. I like the dead-on confrontation of the camera, but I also like it when fragments of the character reveal more than the gaze can.

So I have my mid-program review on Wednesday. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Wandering I said...

GOOD LUCK, Sweetie!!!! I'm happy our carport (sorry, I just can't bring myself to call it a garage;), could be a location for you! The stair pictures are some of my favorites that I've seen of yours.