12 November 2008

Next to the foundations.


While at home over the weekend I took pictures at the house I grew up in.

I took some shots under the back porch of the house, next to the foundation. I knew I wanted to photograph there but hadn't been there in a long time. I liked finding this old bicycle.




I also took pictures in the skeleton of our bathroom. I was attracted to this environment because it was exposed, hollowed out, revealing the bare bones underneath. . . and the light turned out beautifully.
















Lastly I took some pictures in the basement storage room connected to my bedroom before I moved away. I arranged objects I found that all had the look I wanted-particularly my old doll house that grandpa dale made. I had taken interest in it as a child but never really fully furnished it.

In this last shot I am again taking pictures of myself as a young girl. I also think it is significant that I am taking pictures of myself in my childhood home, but a home stripped bare, or broken down, or forgotten remnants.

2 comments:

Maren said...

Actually it was Grandpa Dale that put together the doll house honey. :)

Amanda said...

oops. I thought about double checking that but didn't. re-do. . .