17 November 2008

After the fire died.

My first post when starting this blog dealt with the Historic Colver House, which burned down partially (and has now, since the posting of that blog, been demolished). While working on that location I was also trying to find a lone chimney, leftover from a house that burned down, which I had also seen while driving through Phoenix. I couldn't find it at that time but was planning to ride the bus back out to Phoenix to make photographs there this past friday. The night before, while hanging out with Jeri, she told me about another location in Ashland she had seen, with another lone chimney. . .



In the picture in my head I rode up to the chimney with my bike.




I focused on the weeds.


An old heater & my shadow.




Exploring. . .



My favorite of these by far. . . because it's creepy.





Upon completion of two rolls of film I was so excited that I hoofed my bike up to the photo shop and got them developed in the same day! Woot for being excited about photography.


Now it's time for an unabashed comment solicitation. Let me know what you think! If you are looking at this and don't have a blogger account, email me at balla@students.sou.edu. Just so I know that you stopped by. And if anyone wants email updates whenever I post something, let me know, because there is apparently an option for me to do that. (I wouldn't dream of doing something so obnoxious without your permission so please let me know!)

2 comments:

Robin said...

Hey hey. I, too, like the photo of you in the weeds. Did you take one with you face down? That would have been creepier still. There was an article in today's Oregonian about Annie Leibovitz and I, naturally, thought of you. I know you can see it online but I'm going to clip it and mail it to you. BTW, as a follower, I know anytime you've updated your blog.

Amanda said...

cool. Yay! No I didn't do that, but, the idea kind of reminds me of this great photographer I just learned about named Francessca Woodman.

Thanks for letting me know what you think!