04 April 2009

Punta Umbria, Andalucia, Spain

Punta Umbria (Shady Point) is a little beach town on the western coast of Andalucia, in southern Spain. Huelva Province, I believe. . . On our way back from the beach we found this house. Thanks to Richard for standing in as photo capturer (don't worry, I still framed all of these images. . .) since I left my tripod at home.

The graffiti says "nena," it means baby girl. I couldn't say if the connotation is the same.


I'd been waiting to get into a fireplace for a while. Dreams really do come true.


The cieling was amazing.



My favorite, I think.


Hiding from the sunset.

I had hoped I would find some broken down places to photograph in Spain, and I did. . . unfortunately this was the only one I took advantage of. There were many more that I saw but had to pass by because of time/transportation constraints. I saw them everywhere, in Andalucia, and along the coast between Barcelona and Premia Mar. I was only lucky enough to stop at this one because Richard's friend Rafa was driving us. So much thanks to Rafa as well! Next time I'm in Spain I'll have to make more time to make photographs. These are ok, but they could be much stronger. Next time I'm in Spain I'll hopefully be there for a lot longer. . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice shots. I think I like the last one best