14 December 2008

A Birthday Surprise. . .

For my birthday surprise my friend Eva decided to take me to a burnt down house out in the "countryside". Beautiful. I decided to go traisping around in it in a vintage cashmere sweater.


I started near what must have used to be a closet under the stairs.

Looking through the wall.


I like all the texture in this one. And I feel like I'm glowing, like maybe I'm a ghost.



I like this overall composition.


This frame is pretty popular. People like the curls, someone (Eva?) mentioned that the boards echo the form of my back. . . so some nice compositional elements. I'm also liking when I am engaged with the environment. In the preceding two photographs I am exploring the environment, and I like these compositionally. . . but conceptually I feel that it is stronger if I am interacting with the environment, having some kind of moment, not just passing through.


Eva took pictures of me taking pictures of me for her photojourn blog. Hopefully we'll get to see them soon! And thanks Eva for the best birthday surprise ever!

2 comments:

Robin said...

I like the uncaptioned photo, with your back to the camera and the misty light shooting through the holes in the lathe. Have you ever seen a publication called The Sun? They might be a place to send your photos.

Wandering I said...

Hey, Lady! How's Portland? I hope your holiday is fun! Miss you! Heart ~Eva

ps I got my photos of you up :)